Thursday, September 18, 2008

I'M BACK!

Wow! It has got to be one of the strangest feelings to wake up one morning and realise that a month of your life just flashed past. A whole month vanished.
So four weeks ago we flew to Idaho to see family and we had so much fun. The first week was the best because we had Jacob with us but then he had to leave to go back to work. The day he left all three girls and I came down with bad head colds. They were troopers but I was miserable. We toughed it out and tried not to push ourselves too hard so we could get better quicker. It would have worked too but just about the time we were feeling better Denae and Aliya caught a flu bug. So my last week was mostly spent cleaning up throw-up, changing messy pants, and doing laundry, obviously. We flew back this last Saturday and my Dad came with me to help with the girls on the airplane. He is staying a little over a week. The day after we got back him and Naomi got the flu. Jacob and I are trying so hard not to get it.
So to say the least our trip was a little disappointing. There were so many things we wanted to do while we were there but could not. I am still grateful we got to go. We miss everyone so much!
Like I said, my Dad is still here visiting so I still feel like I am on vacation. I will post pictures and give more exciting details about our trip soon. Until then I guess I will be doing laundry. :-)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gross.

You have the worst luck ever.

You probably got it from that Kentucky Fried Chicken in Kentucky. You knew you were pushing your luck when you were trying to be all cliche.

Just kidding.

I think you should still fly in to Boise in December, though, you know, as a Christmas present to me.

casa chandler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
casa chandler said...

I'm sorry you felt disappointed with your trip. It was fun to have you here. It was great to have our kids get to play with each other. My favorite was when Kate and Denae were singing their conversation with each other. That was so cute. Kate talks about "Denae's little sister, Aliya" a lot. I think she just likes to say the name Aliya. And I don't blame her. It's a fun name to say.
Also, it was fun just the two of us ust going out and hanging out(oh, 3 with Aliya). I'm finally starting to really get used to my ears being pierced.
Our girls night at Sharla's was great too.
I hope you are all starting to feel better. I'm excited to see pictures of your trip home.
oh, and by the way, I'm totally addicted to couponing now. I went again with angie last night and got some great deals. So thanks for having Angie teach us all about that.

Shena said...

That's what happens when I go to Idaho. We all get sick! Bummer! At least you got to see our beautiful Idaho mountains!!!!

Cathy said...

Yay! You're back! Sorry about the sickness. How crummy is that! I can't wait to see all about it!

Anonymous said...

Hello my baby bear! How I miss you - spending just a moment in time just wasn't enough. I love you so much and as I'm glad you are home safe and sound...How I wish I could come see you today.

The Stones said...

i'm so sorry i missed you- i guess it's our turn to come out there;) it would be fun though....

Shena said...

are you sure you are back? :)