Tuesday, November 17, 2009

How long ago was Halloween?


I have been a busy girl and so I am way behind in my posts. I know I have some catching up to do but I wanted to show you some Halloween pics before I forget. My Dad came to visit in October and left just a couple days before Halloween. I was not in the mood for it this year! Aliya was sick and I was tired.
So... 10 min. before we decided to go to our trunk or treat we dug out the costume box and everyone picked what they wanted to be. So easy! Denae was of course a ballerina princess. Naomi was a dinosaur and she was proud of it. Anyone who called her a dragon received a very nasty look. Aliya was Cheer Bear so now all 3 of my girls have been Cheer Bear!
Oh! Jacob and I were BSU fans! you would be surprised how many comments you get from people who see you wearing BSU clothes. Both good and bad.
They were actually really cute!
Then the night before Halloween we decorated pumpkins. Because we had waited so long all they had left was white pumpkins. Everyone thought they were kinda cool except Naomi who decided to paint her pumpkin orange.
Denae painted hers to look like a beach ball.
She actually did a really good job.
Jacob was the only one to carve this year and I was surprised how the white pumpkins glow. Much better then the orange pumpkins. By the way, he is suppose to be sticking out his tongue, he is not smoking a cigar.


I know my creativity has been stunted so my pumpkin was..... you guessed it, a BSU fan. I was actually pretty proud of it but I did not get any votes in Jacob's family's annual pumpkin contest. BUMMER!

It probably would have looked better if I would have carved out the mouth but I was not in the mood. Better luck next year!

I hope everybody had a happy Halloween!

4 comments:

Cathy said...

So funny! I love Naomi's orange pumpkin. That cracks me up. And, Hurray for the costume bin!

PS You deserve to wing it once in awhile (not that it even looks like you winged it!)

Erica Hansen, MS, RD said...

I love the painting the pumpkin idea!

Henry Family said...

I agree with Cathy.. your non-creative side is MY creative side! lol Oh and thanks for clarifying...I totally thought he was smoking a cigar! haha Oh I love you guys so much!

Abueita said...

WHAT?? Well you had MY vote!! :-) AND NAOMI...I LOVED YOUR ORANGE PUMPKIN!! HAHAHA that's great!