Saturday, January 30, 2010

Rewind a few months...

Sorry I have been off the radar for a little while...It has been a crazy couple of months. Since the last time I posted not only have we celebrated a couple of holidays but all of my children are a year older, my Mom is married, and we have done some traveling. So I have a lot to talk about! Before I do all of that I can't go forward until I take a minute to remember a special visit from my Dad this last fall. If you don't mind I am going to rewind a few months.
My Dad arrived 10 days after Jacob's parents left. You would think we would be exhausted and tired of guests at that point but we weren't. We were a little tired but we are always happy to see my Dad. Whenever my Dad visits we always try to take him on a little adventure. This last time we were able to take him on a couple adventures.

Ou first adventure was a four day weekend through some southern states. We left early on a Friday morning. We drove 7 and a half hours to Atlanta, GA. Jacob and I took the older 2 girls there several years ago and we had so much fun. We only had a couple of hours to show my Dad so we chose our favorite place, the Atlanta Aquarium. It is the largest aquarium in the world and I love it. I could hang out there all day long! The good thing about it is that it is right next to Olympic park, Pepsi-Cola World, and CNN so we were able to show him a little bit of everything.




The girls love aquariums so they were so excited to be there.


Saturday morning we got up early and drove 7 hours to New Orleans, LA. By the way, the main reason why we went on this journey is because my Dad is trying to go to all 50 states. After our southern adventure he only has North Dakota and Alaska left. I think that is so cool! Jacob still has 4 states to go to and I have 6. Someday we will have them all.


The girls were so amazing on the trip. You can tell they are use to being in the car. We drove over 30 hours in 4 days and they never complained once!


This is us on a ferry crossing the great Mississippi River. 



New Orleans was a very interesting experience.  Anyone reading this my intention is not to offend, it is just my own personal opinion... Most places I have been I would love to go again. I don't ever want to go to New Orleans again! To me it was a very creepy and evil place. I have never been to place where people are plastered at 10am on a Sunday morning, staggering through the streets with open containers of alcohol. The streets are lined with pornography and a stench that you can't wash off. I have been to Vegas, I have walked the streets of Seattle, New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles and none of these places scared me like New Orleans. I could not leave town fast enough. We did take a tour of French Quarters and learned some fascinating things about the history of New Orleans, Jazz, and the culture. That I loved but getting there and getting back to the car was icky! 

We left New Orleans on Sunday afternoon and drove 7 and a half hours to Chattanooga, TN. There was not a lot to see there. Apparently there is no chattanooga train like we had thought. It was beautiful country though. We got up early Monday morning and drove 7 hours home. It was so much fun! It was a great weekend! Thanks for coming Daddy!
More to come...

1 comments:

Walker Family said...

Sounds like you guys had quite the eventful time! and that aquarium looks huge! I love the pic of you and your girls looking at all the fish:)