So I received a letter today notifying me that I have been approved to home school my kids. I know every state is different but in Virginia we have to meet some strict requirements and then petition the state for permission to do so. I purchased the approved curriculum, since I am not a licensed teacher. I sent my letter of intent last month and received approval today. It is a good thing too since I already started school 3 weeks ago. I am trying to get a month in before we leave on vacation in 2 weeks. So far so good. Denae loves it, Naomi loves it, and I love it! Aliya does not really care since we usually do it during her nap.
Denae has already started to learn cursive and she loves it because it looks like princess writing! She has beautiful penmanship! Naomi can now recognize about 80% of the letters and knows their sounds. She is having a hard time with her colors though. Denae would like me to put some pictures of her at school on here so we will get them posted in the next couple days.
Wish me luck, I don't know what I have gotten myself into yet but I am so excited! The best part is that I don't have to send Denae to kindergarten in a couple weeks!!!!
3 comments:
that's awesome! i'm tempted to do that here too. you know me, i'm just paranoid...especially when it comes to public schools anymore.
Remember that one day when you called me right when I was buying supplies for homeschooling and you were like, "you'te so crazy"? That's probably true, but look who's just as crAZY now?!
Yay! You're amazing!
Post a Comment