Monday, March 16, 2009

Yes, I am Bragging!

I am a member THE greatest ward ever!
I have been having problems with my back and was really hurting Sunday morning so we stayed home. Within the first 24 hours of our church meetings I have recieved 6 phone calls and an e-mail making sure that my family is okay. Those phone calls included my bishop who always notices if someone is missing. I have been offered dinner from 4 out of the 6 phone calls....they were not assigned to me they just wanted to help out of the goodness of their hearts. I have never been in a ward like this in my life and I have been in a lot of wards!
We do not miss church very often but when we do this happens everytime and usually dinner just shows up on our step without a phone call. I love these people and I hope that I can learn from their example and fellowship others the way they have me and my family.
PS This is just one example, I could go on and on!

4 comments:

Heather said...

I'm glad your ward is taking care of you. By the way, what did you do to your back?

Anonymous said...

Hey, was one of the calls from that nice guy that told you your singing was awesome?

If he brings by a chicken and rice casserole, accept it gracefully and then send your daughters to kick him in the shins. Just explain to him that they are very territorial.

Or you could flash him.

That'd teach 'im.

Oh, and get well soon!

Anonymous said...

I know! It's going to be a tough ward to say goodbye to that's for sure! But what a great example YOU will be to the wards that follow!
I love you bear! Wish I was there to help you!
mom

casa chandler said...

okay...so where is your "fab five" posting because i want to be the first in line for YOUR homemade gift!