Monday, March 22, 2010

A New Chapter Begins...


HELLO WISCONSIN!
The other day Jacob sent me a text that read, "Do you like the 70's show? Or the location?" That was his way of letting me know he had gotten the job.
This is our official announcement for anyone who has not yet heard.
Jacob has been offered a job in the great state of Wisconsin. That is definitely one state I never thought I would live in... but okay...
I am so proud of him, it is a big step in his career!
He starts his new job April 15th so we have very little time to tie things up here and move there. 
Since we have been married this is our 8th move and our 5th state. So far the girls are excited but that will change for Denae when it comes time to say goodbye. 
Although I knew this was coming for some time now this will be our hardest move to date. We have made good friends here in Virginia. We have the greatest ward in the world! No exaggeration!
Wisconsin here we come....

7 comments:

Heather said...

Congrats on the new job!!! I hope all goes well with the move.

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you! Not only will you have the opportunity to have another new experience under your belt, but you get to drive a Penske! Sa-weet! I LOVE the Penske. One word of caution though--DO NOT try to back that thing up, especially with a car carrier on the back. Trust me on this one. Send me some cheese when you get there!

Cathy said...

Congratulations! We will miss you guys, though!!

Walker Family said...

Ger! Thats awesome that he got the job! Congrats! Its just to bad that Wisconsin couldnt be in idaho, cause that would be even better! And i love the little clever way he told you that he got the job! haha!....Thank you for the comment on our living room! It means a lot, and we found someone who could make the vinyl lettering for us for really cheap and quick or we would have totally went with uppercase...anyways We miss you and good luck with the move!!!

Henry Family said...

Dude! Your hubby totally rocks!! Of course we all know who stands behind a great man ;) I am so excited for you and your new adventure that awaits in Wis-CAN-sin lol Expect me for a visit sometime around April 16th since I kinda got the feeling you guys didn't get enough of me, and Jake with his cute little "I'm not telling you where we live" jokes just cause it hurt him so bad to watch me go. Don't worry Jake... I'll be right there!! ♥ love you guys ♥

mom said...

Jacob - let me take a moment to tell you how much I love you and how proud I am of how hard you have worked to earn your way up the ladder...but none of it compares to the husband you are to my daughter and the father you are to my granddaughters. I love and respect the man you are so much! Thank you son.
Geri - let me take a moment to tell you how much I love you sweetheart! You are simply amazing! How pleased Heavenly Father must be and what a sigh of relief He must give knowing that you will follow promptings given without repeating them! I love you so much.
I know I'm excited to see Wisconsin! :-)

Karla Lewis said...

And Wisconsin is totally excited to have your darling family here! Welcome to Wis-CAN-sin! I can't say it that way though because I'm a transplant, too!