What a big week for my baby girl!
THEN
Jacob and I have not been on a date without any children in over a year. Aliya developed a moderate case of separation anxiety right before she turned one. It has been a challenge to say the least. She panics if Dad or Mom is not with her. That is until about 2 weeks ago. She happily stayed with a babysitter so that Jacob and I could go on a Valentine's date. IT WAS AWESOME! My babysitter was very sweet and texted me updates throughout the evening so that I wouldn't worry. For the first time in 9 months she attended both hours of nursery at church last Sunday without a tear.
Her second big achievement is that she is officially unplugged! I started taking her pacifier away a few weeks ago and she has now gone the last 72 hours without a plug! She is so proud of herself.
Our next goal is to get her to sleep in her own bed through the night, HA! Fat chance!
I want to finish with a cute story of our little Aliya. We were watching the Olympics, of course, and figure skating was on. Aliya was prancing around the living room pretending to skate. She was trying to imitate their spins and turns. It was so cute. All of a sudden she looked up just as the guy threw his partner up over his head. Her face lit up and she looked at Jacob and yelled "Dayee, Dayee, Dayee". She was so excited to dance with her partner.
NOW

3 comments:
How cute! And congrats on the date! It is so nice get away together, even for just a couple of hours!
yay! that is awesome!! and she is too stinkin cute!! love you!
She is so cute!!! All your girls are adorable. I'm glad you guys got to go on a Valentines date.
Post a Comment