I'm back!
This move has been, by far, our most difficult move! We have been very blessed but it definitely has not been easy! We left Virginia on April 10th about 5 hours after we had planned. We drove a few hours up to Charleston, West Virginia and stayed the night. We got up the next morning and drove ALL DAY long! We did not arrive in Wisconsin until after midnight. We spent the next three days desperately looking for a place to live but without even a glimpse of hope. It was very frustrating! There is very little to rent and the ones that were available were not available for several months and we needed something immediately!
On the other hand our new ward is a wonderful ward. Before we ever attended a single Sunday we had half a dozen phone calls from different ward members wanting to know if we needed anything and how they could help. What a great blessing they have been!
So after 3 days of searching without a single choice a sweet sister called to find out how we were doing. She called during a breaking point and I cried on her shoulder. A couple hours later she called me back, "I have been praying for your family and I think I have your answer". She did! There used to be a family in this ward that moved back home a couple years ago and have not been able to sell their house so she called them to see if we could rent their house until we found something else. We moved in 2 days later!
We really love the house and tried to work out a lease agreement so that they would take the house off the market and we could live here long-term but we were not able to agree on terms so now we get to move again.
It has been an interesting experience and it has only brought us closer together as a family. I know the Lord has been watching over us and I have felt his influence in so many moments. We are grateful to be here and we are very excited to find our place in this community. Now that I finally have internet I have some catching up to do. Stay tuned for the next chapter in our crazy lives!
2 comments:
Yay for the internet!! I'm sorry you have to move again! Everything has been so inspired so far, though, that I'm sure it is all part of the big picture. Hopefully you find something perfect for you guys right now.
YOU HANG IN THERE BABY BEAR!!! What a champion you are!! I love you so much and I can't wait to come visit Wisconsin!!! :-)
Post a Comment