We were walking through Target on Saturday and Aliya was sitting in the cart while I pushed. Two men walked passed us and we overheard one of them say that he needed to buy pickles just as they turned down the aisle next to us. Aliya looked at them with a completely disgusted expression and under her breath said "I'll put a stupid pickle in your mouth". It caught me so off-guard I busted up laughing. At first she was embarrassed I overheard and then she started laughing. She started to tease me that she was going to put a stupid pickle in his face and on his foot and in his tummy. For some reason she did not like those men and she wanted to say something mean. I probably should not encourage such behavior but I thought it was hilarious....of course she gets this from her father!
******
Sometimes Jacob will tease the kids by making up jibberish. For example he will say that car is faster than a monkey on a rhino. The kids think it is so funny. So now Naomi has picked up the habit. The other day she told me that Daddy was stronger than a beehive with a jacket! We laughed all day over that one!!!!
******
Denae came home yesterday complaining that there are a couple boys in her class that used to be nice but now they tease her and her friends and she thinks they are being mean. We tried to explain that sometimes boys might like you but they don't know how to deal with that so instead they are mean. She looked at us with one eyebrow cocked and said "Thats stupid because Joe (her friend in NC she swears she is going to marry) loves me more than anybody and he is always so nice to me. Later that evening a friend from church called me and confirmed my accusation. She serves in primary and had noticed that these 2 boys have turned most of their attention to Miss Denae. She said it is really cute to watch. She is 7... what in the world is coming our way...Ahhhhhh!
4 comments:
Those are so hilarious! Your girls are so cute. And, I'm really relieved to hear that Joe was always nice to Denae.
"I'll put a stupid pickle in your mouth." CLASSIC! I'm going to think that every time I want to say something rude. Then I'll just end up chuckling instead.
By the way, I totally just laughed and snorted right out loud when I read that! So funny!
My nieces are SO cute!!! I think we all knew as Denae turned from baby into little girl what you would be up against.. just let it happen.. there's no fighting it. lol
haha! Alyia!..... "ill put a stupid pickle in your mouth!" ....now THATS funny!:) love you guys cant wait to see you all!!
Post a Comment