Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Holiday Confusion

Denae LOVES holidays!
She counts down to each little one. She was very excited about Valentine's Day. As soon as it was over she wanted to know what the next holiday was. I told her Presidents Day was on Monday. When Daddy got home from work on Monday I heard her run up and yell "Happy President Monson Day"!!!! We laughed really hard but decided to turn family home evening into Happy President Monson Day so it all worked out.
Yesterday she wanted to know what the next holiday was. I didn't have a calendar handy so I told her St. Patrick's Day would be coming up next month. I told her it wasn't really a holiday we celebrate the same but some people wear green and decorate in four-leaf clovers. She looked at me kind of funny but didn't ask any questions. Later that day she wanted to make a card and asked me to draw a big star on it. When Daddy got home she showed him what she had made. He asked her why she made it and she said it was to celebrate "Patrick's Day" and suddenly it dawned on my that one of the cartoons she watches, Spongebob, has a star-fish character named Patrick. She thought St. Patrick's Day was a holiday for this cartoon character. We had a good laugh over that one too!
It makes you wonder what other funny ideas are rolling around in their heads!

2 comments:

Walker Family said...

Geri! We laughed so hard at this post! Way to honor President Monson on presidents day! Oh Sweet little Denae:)

Anonymous said...

Ha! She's so smart! Love it!