Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What's New

I can't get to my pictures right now so I thought I would update you on a few little tidbits about each one of us. Starting with the youngest.
ALIYA
We have recently discovered that Ali is a clean freak. She loves to clean and she likes things to be clean. I have a few examples... Whenever she sees me cleaning the living room she races to the bedroom and grabs her little plastic shopping cart. She will then run around the room picking up toys and shoes. When her cart is full she takes it in the girls room and dumps it out, then comes back for more. We were at this place the other day and they had a little kiddie corner. So she went in to play with the other kids. A little bit later I noticed she had picked up all the toys and placed them neatly on the shelf and was guarding them from the other kids so they wouldn't mess it up. Then last night she was playing with Jacob. He was pretending to drink her sippy cup and a drop of juice landed on his chin. When he didn't do anything about it she kinda freaked out and ran to the other side of the room. When she returned she had a wet wipe and reached up to clean him off. I think this is one habit I probably won't discourage very much!
NAOMI
Naomi has started home school kindergarten. She loves it! She doesn't have a long attention span but she does well when she can sit still. She has also started taking gymnastics. She loves it!!! Her teachers laugh because they ask her to do something and she does it. It isn't always the most graceful but she has no fear. She is willing to try anything. We recently joined the YMCA down the street and she loves to go swimming! We have been trying to take them 2-3 times a week. Her new saying is "I'm so frusterrrated", but half the time she uses it out of context so it is really funny.
DENAE
This little girl is growing up so fast!!! She is constantly measuring herself on the wall to see how tall she is. Denae will complete kindergarten this week. She is doing great! She has beautiful penmanship and is starting to get the hang of reading. She will start first grade in June. We are going to do 2 days a week through the summer so that we can take time off when we want to next year. Besides, we are home all day anyway, why not? Denae has started taking Ballet and Tap lessons. She has her first recital coming up the middle of June and she is terrified! She is warming up to the idea but is not excited. I think she will get excited when she gets her new costume. Her teacher says that Denae is her best Ballet student in her age group.
MOMMY
I am doing great other than being completely homesick! I started my weight loss....AGAIN. I hate it when I hibernate through the winter, hehehehe. So far I have lost 11 lbs. I feel great and I have discovered that I love exercising! I have been running 3 miles a week 3 times a week and I love it! I have been really working on building my business. I love the products and I love people so it is nice to get out of the house a little bit. I am still the Enrichment Leader and I love my calling! The most recent mini-class I have created is called sit-chat-and learn about that. It has been a big hit. I have different women in the ward teach us something new for about 30 min. and then we hang out and visit for a little while. So far this year we have learned hair care, make-up techniques, budgeting and finance, and this month I am teaching a coupon class. Next month is basic car maintenance. I am just glad summer is finally here, and I hope my allergies go away soon.
DADDY
Jacob is working hard as is normal. But it seems to be paying off. When we moved here a little over a year ago Jacob's branch was ranked 267th in the nation being compared to over 400 branches. Last week his branch was ranked 45th in the country!!!!! He recently created a program, some type of Excel spreadsheet that does amazing things. (you can tell I don't know a lot about it) The regional continuous improvement manager was VERY impressed and rolled it out to his region of 80 branches. There is a big possibility it will go nationwide soon. I am so proud of him! He too is getting in shape and starting to work out more. It feels good that our whole family is becoming more active and living better. Jacob continues to look for job openings and when the right thing opens up we will be somewhere new.
Probably more than you wanted to know but for journaling sakes there you have it.
Life is good and we are blessed!

3 comments:

casa chandler said...

great to have an update! i must say that i LOVE aliya's style with the over-the-top cleaning...but then again, you probably knew that would be a big hit with me.

mom said...

Hi Honey - I checked in here because I was missing you so much I felt like I couldn't stand it thinking this would help - WHAT WAS I THINKING!!! Oh my goodness - I wish I could be there for your dance recital Denae! Please have mommy take pictures so I can see how good you are because I KNOW you are going to be awesome! Naomi - Your aunt Marina was good at gymnastics too - AND - she was a really good swimmer - AND - guess what! She also gets frusterrated! You are just like your aunt Marina, and that's a GREAT thing! :-)
And little Aliya - you keep cleanin girl! I miss your smile so much! What a sweetheart you are!
Jacob - I'm so proud of you! You have worked so hard to get where you are. I love hearing the tone in Geri's voice as she brags about you. Thank you for taking care of your family the way you do Jake! You really are amazing and I love you!
And my sweet - sweet bear - wow! Look at you! You are such an inspiration to me! I just love you so much! Thank you for sharing and catching us all up.
I have to go wipe tears now!

The Walkers said...

What the heck?!?! I left a comment on here weeks ago (or so I thought) and now I don't see it. :( Sorry! I just wanted to say thank you for the update! I can't wait until we can see you in July and experience your family in real life instead of always through the blog! Can't wait! Love you guys!