So it is obviously a little past due but I found these pictures and had to post them. The girls have matching Easter dresses. They were so cute! Very simple.
If you received one of my cards in the mail with a picture of them on the front, that was their Easter dresses. However, on the morning of Easter Sunday the girls begged to wear misc. poofy, twirly, dresses.
I got out voted.
So on Easter Sunday they did not match but they felt beautiful.
I asked my mother-in-law once years ago, how she was able to raise 8 kids. She simply proclaimed, "you have to pick your battles". That has really stuck with me and rang in my ears on Easter morning. So I let them wear the dresses they wanted to and sacrificed having them match.
You know what, it was okay!
Funny how something can seem really important at the time, something as silly as this...
HAPPY LATE EASTER!
2 comments:
Yay! You updated your blog! That's so hard to remember sometimes when you're in the trenches that some battles just aren't worth it. Your girls are adorable! (this is Cathy by the way. I forgot to sign back in and didn't want to retype my message!)
Cute dresses...all of them. And thanks for the card too by the way. Kate especially loved it! Naomi's hair looks cute in the Easter-but-not-officially-their-Easter-dresses pictures. Beautiful girls!
Post a Comment