
While Naomi was in gymnastics Denae was down the hall taking her long-awaited Ballet/Tap class. She has been begging since she could talk but we were not able to do it until now for various reasons. She LOVED it! On her first day of class her teacher said that at the end of the semester she would get to perform in a recital. That is when the fun ended. She was terrified! She worried about it often and every time it was mentioned she would start worrying all over again. She prayed a lot about it. She kept asking Heavenly Father to make her brave and help her remember everything. It was very serious stuff!

Then a couple days before the recital they gave her a new costume... that definitely helped!
Day of: Mommy and Denae went to dress rehearsal.
Denae got to wear make-up, even mascara, which made her eyelashes unbelievably long.
Daddy bought her flowers for her big day.

And she did it!
She remembered almost everything and her and her partner were the hit of the show. They were, by far, the best. That is not just a proud Mommy talking, several of the parents were surprised when they found out that this was the first recital for both of these girls.
The first thing Denae said when it was all over,
"Mommy I want to perform on stage over and over and over again!"
That's my girl!
If you could have seen my face you probably would have laughed out loud, I was so proud of her!
Naomi watched the show intently, I asked her if next year she wanted to do gymnastics again or if she wanted to do ballet with Denae. She thought about it for a minute and then grinned, "Nastics!"
Denae is on the left.
5 comments:
Oh my goodness Denae - all I can say, as tears run down my face, is that you are absolutely beautiful! I love you with all my heart and wish I could have been there to see this in person!
I wanted to tell you that you did a good dance. I thinked about it and I think you did a very good dance. I think you are a great dancer.
THAT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL! Great job, Denae! You were very brave and you danced beautifully!
hmmm...she seems to be taking after her mommy...addicted to the stage!
That was so precious! Denae is so sweet. She has such graceful and expressive arms. What a great dance. Good job, Denae!!
Oh I loved it!! Denae makes such a great Ballerina!!!
Post a Comment