Thursday, June 18, 2009

We are SOOOO excited!

My brother and his family are coming to visit next month and we are so excited!
We had not planned on telling the girls until it was closer to the arrival date. However, they seem to be listening in on our conversations more than they use to. So they figured out that someone was coming to visit and the questions did not stop until we spilled our guts.
Denae loves her uncle but for some reason she is way more excited about her "Aunt Pancake" coming. She has created a to-do list for her and her aunt when she gets here. She talks about it non-stop! This morning she asked me to print her a calendar so that she could see how many days were left. We will be putting a sticker on every day until that special day arrives.
Naomi can't stop talking about her cousin Ivy. Every time we go to the store she wants to buy Ivy something. She has asked to see her picture several times a day so she can remember what she looks like, (she has only met her once).
I love my sister-in-law, always have, and I love my niece but I miss my brother so much! I miss waking up (back in my single days) and finding him and his friends in my apartment sitting in their underwear, watching cartoons and eating all my cereal. I miss him asking me advice about how to treat girls. I miss playing cards for hours and talking about whatever. I miss stocking my fridge (in my newlywed days) so he can crash on my couch for a couple weeks. I miss him so much!
We are waiting and trying to be patient!
Love you guys!

4 comments:

MOM said...

Yea the sitting around in his underwear days might be gone...but I'd make sure your fridge is stocked!! You guys are going to have so much fun!!! I'm going to have granddaughter with-drawls!!!! They will all be in Virginia! I'll have to make Bob's boys take turn wearing dresses until Ivy gets back! :-)

Walker Family said...

You guys are gonna have so much fun!!! WE WANT TO BE NEXT!! MAYBE THIS WINTER :)

The Walkers said...

Oh Oh Oh! We are just as excited!!! And Denae - this is your Aunt Pancake... I am so excited to come and play with you. :) I'm so glad you have a list of fun things for us - I LOVE lists! And as for the rest of you Chandlers : If we have too much fun, we may not come home and then you're stuck with us forever! :) Love you guys! So much! We're counting down the days! And Geri, you should be getting an email from us here in the next few days.

The Walkers said...

just for the record, I never sat around with my friends in my underwear. My sister makes stuff up.