ha ha ha Just Kidding!
Years ago Jacob and I decided that we would allow our girls to have their ears pierced whenever they felt ready. We wanted it to be their decision. Denae started asking us a couple years ago about how it happens. We talked about how it hurts a little, you have to keep your ears clean, and you wear the same pair of earrings for a couple months. Several months ago we even went to the mall and watched another little girl pierce her ears. A couple of months ago Denae informed me she thought she would be ready by her 8th birthday. I said okay.
On November 19th see walked up to me and said "Okay Mom, I'm ready. Today or tomorrow." I had no idea what she was talking about. She looked at me annoyed that I didn't know and said "Mom...I want to get my ears pierced. But it has to be today or tomorrow." We talked to Daddy when he got home and the next day we went to the mall. She was so brave. She was not excited and she did not smile but she assured me that was what she wanted to do. I said okay.
Now my little girl has pierced ears. She did not cry but she was mad at me because she thought I should have told her it hurt more than a pinch. Naomi was watching from the sidelines and with a grumble said, "that doesn't look like much fun." hehehe I don't think she will be getting her ears pierced for a while.


2 comments:
How sweet is that!!!!! I just got so excited for that moment with my girls! Give her a hug for me and tell her good job for being so brave!
That's so funny that she was so matter-of-fact about it. Is she still excited about them?
Post a Comment