Okay, so when I count my blessings I usually start with the obvious. You know, my husband, my kids, my house, my freedom, my health, my faith, ect... But when I really think about what I am thankful for I would have to say that at the top of the list would be disposable diapers!!!! I know that there are many people who believe they are bad for the environment and choose to use cloth diapers. But as I sit here and look around my house I see dirty laundry, dirty dishes, a floor that needs vaccumed, kids begging for my attention and a list of procrastinated to-do's. I am so thankful that the list does not contain sloshing messy cloth diapers in the toilet! I am sure that once upon a time when there was no such thing as disposable diapers I would have been naive and figured it out just fine. To those of you who are thinking green and using cloth diapers more power to you! I think you are amazing. However, in order to keep my own personal sanity I will have to think green in other ways.
So here is my salute to disposable diapers!!!!!
P.S. All joking aside I am also very grateful for the men and women you have fought and continue to fight for our freedoms. Their sacrifice is great and I am so indebted to them for providing the security that I take for granted so easily. I am so grateful to be American and to live in a country where we have the many freedoms we enjoy. God Bless The USA!
7 comments:
I couldnt agree with you more! :D
J's like, "You gave her 'cloth diapers' and accepted 'bra sizes'? You screwed yourself on that one." Yep. I did. I still haven't found a way to do post on that topic without offending anyone...but isn't fun to write about random stuff! You did a great job!
AMEN.... Love your blog! Your pics are great!
ashlee
Geri! I love Love LOVE your blog! Isn't it fun to keep up with each other this way? :) It makes the distance gap seem just a bit smaller. I love all your posts - and thanks for showing off Ivy! :) Your girls are BEAUTIFUL! I can't believe how big "A" is when I haven't even met her yet! But I hear we might see you soon...I'm so excited. Well, keep posting! I love it!
Oh my goodness she's getting so big!!! This technology is great but nothing beats the real thing. I can't wait to hold her!
oh and btw: you look GREAT Ger!
I - by the way - had my first two children in cloth diapers. But I cheated with a diaper service. When I had to do them myself....yea I bought disposables! :-)
hey guys whats going on? Long time no see I can't wait until I get to see all of you!!! School is going fine, how are you guys doing? Hopefully you are having a wonderful summer and again I can't wait to see you.
Peace
Love Matt
Post a Comment