I had big plans to do something fun over Memorial weekend. We were going to have 2 1/2 days with "J" all to ourselves. I had not made any specific plans but whatever it was it was going to be big. However, my allergies are so bad this year I can't even walk to the mailbox without my eyes swelling up, my nose starts to itch in places you can't scratch, and my throat burns, itches, and tickles. Plus two of the girls have really bad colds so we have been on house arrest for about a week now. Yes, I am going crazy... So instead of big plans we rented a ton of movies and caught up on blockbuster. It turned out to be a very relaxing and enjoyable weekend! So in case any of you are as behind as we were I thought I would share our movie reviews;
1) National Treasure II -***** By far the best movie we saw all weekend. We both love action packed movies with comic relief so it tops the charts. Very clean and definitely on my "to buy" list. I really appreciate it when Hollywood makes a sequel that isn't crap! It actually left me hoping for number 3!!!
2) I Am Legend -*** Wow, that one is a thinker... I have always appreciated Will Smith as an actor but he really proved himself in this one. I don't do scary, not even a little bit. Even though this one had a dramatic edge it was an interesting idea to think about. I don't believe Heavenly Father would ever allow this to happen but something like it maybe.
3) Alvin & the Chipmunks -** Cute! Jason Lee was funny but I swear he has one volume. He talks, sings and yells all at the same volume. Good, clean, fun. The girls lost interest about halfway through.
4) Mad Money - ** I loved the cast, very fun to watch. Good plot, great ending! When it was over it left me with a pit in my stomach thinking about how stupid money is, how stupid most people are when they have it or don't have it, and how little of it in the world is actually mine.
5) 27 Dresses - *** I actually really liked this one. James Marsden has come a long way since
X-Men. It was a good movie. It reminded me a little of How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. A genuine chick - flick.
6) The Bee Movie - *** We actually saw this at a drive-in theatre in North Carolina. It was fun to watch it again. Very well done and the girls loved it!!!
7) Over Her Dead Body - ** There were good parts and not so good parts. It was okay I guess. There were some really odd twists to the story that didn't make a lot of sense and the whole plot was slightly creepy. I will never care to see it again.
8) Enchanted -***** Another great movie! The girls watched the whole thing and loved. "D" was disappointed because she said the prince is supposed to be with the princess. I loved it. Excellent cast!!! I definitely want the soundtrack. This one is also on my "to buy" list. Highly recommend it!
So there you go... that was our "memorable" movie weekend. That was much longer than I intended it to be, oh well.
My Quest For the Village
10 years ago
5 comments:
yay! im so glad you decided to do these movie reviews! i have been so out of the "blockbuster" loop lately! And i am totally ready for a chick flick and think that i am going to rent Enchanted or 27 dresses! We watched bee movie in theatre with robbie and kara and we all thought it was super cute! Hope your allergies and your girls start feeling better :( Love ya
You weren't kidding whe you said you rented a bunch of movies! If you're going to do it, do it right! I trust family's opinions of movies way more than critics reviews so thanks for sharing! There's only so many things you can do for date nights with an infant...blockbuster here we come! :) I'm sorry you're weekend wasn't what you hoped. Feel better!
Geri! the last comment you left on my blog made me laugh so hard! We really are just crazy!:) I guess you just put it into perspective!
Hey I found your page from Tyson we started a blog too it's really fun too see family that we haven't seen in forever. Your little one as super cute! Lopez Family
Post a Comment