Friday, November 14, 2008

Funny Kid Quote

So, anybody who knows me knows how much I love Christmas. I love everything about it and I admit I am already listening to Christmas music... Probably out of spite since Christmas music was banned from our house when I was a kid until 2 weeks before the big day. My Dad was a little bit of a Scrooge. But that is neither here nor there... I also LOVE making most of my Christmas presents. I just think it means so much more when you make it, and the whole time you work on that gift you think of the person you are making it for. It just makes it extra special for me. So I want to instill this love in my girls.
Today after home school we had arts and crafts and decided to make a Christmas craft. I told Denae that we should think of people we would like to make these crafts for. So her and I started listing off people she would like to make presents for.
Suddenly she turned to me and said, "Mommy, I am not an elf!"
I said "what do you mean?"
She said, "only elfs make as many presents as you want me to make."
I have decided to lay off a little but don't think I am giving up, I just have to convince her how fun it is to be an elf!

3 comments:

The Stones said...

how funny! they are so cute. i love the halloween pix. i'm a fan of the christmas music too. we're not playing it yet, but we have started practicing our caroling songs.

Anonymous said...

That's right, work those girls into the ground! That's why you had them, right? To do your dirty work for you? ;)

I can't believe your baby is walking!
She is so cute. I would love to get her and Z together.

You said you were flying into ID next week, right? Right?!

Anonymous said...

You keep watching your mommy Denae! She is the sweetest little elf I've ever known! Not to mention the most organized one - having all her Christmas done and wrapped in November and mailed the first of December. Alot of children's parents are still shopping Christmas eve and not home being able to enjoy the evening with them. Pay attention Denae...watch then as Mommy gets to enjoy, and help everyone around her enjoy, the whole season! She embraces being an 'elf' as she decorates your house and keeps the excitement of Christmas in your home for a good 2months! Alot of children's parents complain about Christmas all season long! You keep watching her Denae and see how she keeps the 'spirit' of Christmas in her heart all year long by doing things for other people. Alot of children's parents can't wait till it's over so they can go on just worrying about themselves. Watch and learn sweetheart because only if you are very lucky, will you grow up and be an 'elf' Just like mommy!! :-)