Sunday, August 2, 2009

To My Dear Cousin


I have a lot of fun things to share with you in a couple days, but that will have to wait.
Yesterday my cousin died in a plane crash.
I was very close to him and really looked up to him.
He is a great man.
A supportive husband.
A wonderful Dad to 5 children.
***
I am so grateful for my testimony of a merciful Heavenly Father who has provided a way for families to be together forever.

Justin was the big brother I never had. He was known for making people laugh, helping those in need, doing daring things most of us were afraid of, and always following his dreams.

I miss him so much and will always miss his great hugs.

I would like to share with you a couple sweet memories I have with him.

I remember when we got our first Nintendo and him pretending to let me win at Duck Hunt.

I remember when him and his wife took Jacob and I boating once shortly after we were married. Half way through our day the boat ran out of gas and we had to get towed into shore by a much smaller boat. He was so embarrassed but took the harassing well.

I remember every time I saw him he looked happy to see me and proved it with a big bear hug.

I remember when my parents bought their first karaoke machine he came over and sang karaoke and made us laugh until we were all rolling on the floor with tears streaming down our faces.

***

In addition to loving my cousin I love his wife just as much. My prayers, thoughts, and tears are for her at this time. She is an amazing woman, and I am so sorry for her loss.


I love you Justin & Jackie!
Justin, your memory is cherished!

5 comments:

Walker Family said...

Geri- that was such a sweet post for your cousin. I too remember his hugs they were the best, they always seemed so sincere and made me feel welcomed. He will be missed

Aunt Connie said...

I love you Justin....with all my heart!

Josh and Tiff said...

Geri, what a tender post. I still can't believe he's gone. What an amazing cousin, father, brother, son, etc. One of my most recent and favorite memories I have is when we were up in Idaho for grandma's funeral, he actually took me and my husband up in his plane, and he was so sweet to take us. It was an amazing experience I'll never forget and we've got a video to prove it. Thanks for sharing this. Love you!

Robyn Hollobaugh said...

Hey Geri...how r u??!! Cathy invited me to her blog and I found yours. Your family is growing so fast. We miss you guys alot! Hope we get to see ya again soon.

Robyn Hollobaugh said...

Geri, I'm so sorry I just buzzed through the pictures when I came on here the other day and I just read this post. How heartbreaking for his family and all those that loved him. He sounds like such an awesome person. It makes me sad, but he was obviously needed in a better place. Our thoughts & prayers will be with you guys.