Monday, July 7, 2008

Blackwater Creek

I LOVE VACATION!!!!
I love waking up and looking over to see my husband still in bed next to me. (normally he is gone long before I wake up) I love eating dinner earlier and having all evening to hang out. I love getting up, getting ready, and leaving the house...for the day. I love staying up late watching movies since nobody has to get up early. Normally when we have vacation we have plans so it is nice this time to just do whatever we want (that is cheap) everyday.
So this morning we got up and took the girls to Blackwater Creek. It is a walking path in downtown Lynchburg a lot like the Greenbelt. It follows along the James river and mostly shaded by all of the trees here. We walked about 3 miles this morning. The girls loved it!
We collected leaves. Watched a deer eat along the side of the path. Looked for frogs. Took pictures. Watched the river.


I love how easily my kids smile for the camera. Even at a young age they love the attention and can smile on command no matter what their mood is. Years from now people are going to look at my photo albums and assume my children are always happy.


AHHHHHH!!!!!
Have you ever heard that saying that opposites attract. It is true but only in the best possible way. Before him I was half and he makes me such a better version of myself. He tames me and I think you can all attest to the fact that I need to be tamed. And yet in the same breath he liberates me and believes in me. He gives me something to believe in. There are not words to express my love and affection for this man.
While I am on the topic of being grateful can I just tell you how much I love my little girls. They are so much fun to hang out with. They are clever and funny. They get my jokes and then dish it back. They love traveling and exploring as much as we do. Most of the time they are very gracious and appreciate the little things. They had so much fun today! They loved looking at the water.

One more random thought.... This picture describes in so many ways the kind of father I married. Supportive, protective, encouraging, loving, involved, disciplined, providing, playful, and so much more!
Well, I started off telling you about our beautiful morning and ended up rambling about so many special things. Thank you for humoring me. I live a blessed life and I love sharing it with you.

5 comments:

The Walkers said...

Thank you so much for sharing! I bet people just stop you all the time and adore your beautiful girls! No matter what is going on in life - at least you have each other! :) Love ya...

casa chandler said...

that was great! i loved reading this post and your pictures are AWESOME! My favs are the one of all 3 girls and the one of you and J. it kind of reminded me of when we were all just first married and lived in murray and our apartments were FILLED with pictures of just us with our hubbies. i'm getting excited for you guys to come home...of course not quite as excited as i am to have this baby already!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I spelled that last comment wrong.
It went like this:


You are the biggest cheeseball I have ever known.




But I still love you.

Anonymous said...

My sweet daughter - I'm so proud of you and all you have accomplished. Jacob is an awesome man but he certinaly married an amazing woman! I love you!!!