Sunday, July 6, 2008

Independence Day

HAPPY 4th of JULY!!!
July 4th was the first day of Jacob's vacation. This is the first vacation Jacob has taken so far this year and the girls and I are so excited to spend some extra time with him. He doesn't have to go back to work until the 14th! YEAH!!!! We are not doing anything big because we are trying to save money for our trip home next month.
On Friday we slept in and then left the house around noon. We went out to lunch at McDonalds and even went inside so the girls could play on the toys. After driving around town, which doesn't take long, we came back home. Jacob got out the grill and we grilled chicken, shrimp, and hotdogs.

We have not done a whole lot of grilling in our time but we have recently become interested. Jacob is learning and I love eating the finished product. I do the preparing and he does the cooking, which is probably why I love it. I hate cooking!


The girls were completely amazed by the growing snakes. Luv would get scared if they grew too big but she didn't go too far either.
Later in the evening we took the girls to see the fireworks show. We have been very spoiled with fireworks in Idaho, Utah and North Carolina. First, I should start by telling you it was not in the best part of town. The show started about a half hour later than they were suppose to so the girls were tired and cranky by the time it started. Then I would like to try and recreate the show we saw for you. The best way for me to describe it is to picture a man lighting a firework, it shoots up in the sky as he runs to the next one. About the time it explodes he lights the next one. Each firework being very similar to the last one with very little variation. After about 20-30 minutes of this there was a pause where I am imagining this man was completely exhausted and gave up by throwing the lit match in the box where the last of the fireworks lay and there was your finale. I am probably exaggerating a little but not very much. In church today I overheard a group of people talking about the show and I tried not to laugh as they proclaimed that it was the best fireworks show Lynchburg has ever had and that it was simply spectacular. I don't mean to sound like a snob but I did miss the big shows that I am use to back home.

4 comments:

Cathy said...

Sounds like a fun Independence day! So fun to have dad home for a week!! That was such a funny discription about the fireworks! I guess they get a big A for effort, right?

casa chandler said...

what an idaho snob! just kidding. you have every right to be! sounds like you guys had fun. i love the pics of A in her cute outfit!

Walker Family said...

i love A's dimples goodness!!!! so darn cute! Sounds like you guys had a good time despite the lame fireworks!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. A is sooo cute. I think her and Z would make a perfect, chubby cheeked couple!