Okay, so my best friend posted this on her blog and I participated. This is so much fun. If you read this PLEASE participate. It is both fun and interesting to stir up old memories.
So what have we been through together? I can't wait to see what memories you can come up with about you and me!
Here are the rules:
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses.
3.If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you (and if this isn't on there...I'll assume you're a procrastinator like me and will check back later!)
My Quest For the Village
10 years ago
10 comments:
Alright, so G posted on my blog:
Okay, this is a tough one. Don't get me wrong I have a million memories to choose from but if I follow your instructions it means that you will be posting a memory on my blog. Since we both have humiliating stories of each other I have to be careful what I say about you so that you are nice back. The problem is that most of our memories are either not blog appropriate or so humiliating that we only laugh about them in small circles.
Ummmm, ditto. We talk so often and bring up old stuff, so I'm sorry if all this is old news.
And since you pretty much summed up one of the best memories of all time, I am having severe difficulty, so I will share snippets of memories that are sure to bring joy to your soul and a smile to your face.
~Ward Prayer. Boys circling you like voracious vultures. You trying to keep your cool while sitting/leaning on a small, round table. You falling on your bum and blaming it on low blood sugar. Best. Cover-up. Ever.
~The time we went to "Sixth Sense" with everyone and afterwards, you and I were so disturbed we ran to the bathroom and cried. We're so stupid.
~Eating Chicken Parmesan at the Holiday Inn...yum.
~After high school I worked at dumb Fred Meyer, and I saw you walk in and run into some people you knew. I watched you have a conversation with them and remember thinking how beautiful and kind you were. It made me wonder why I had such hard feelings against you that were totally unwarranted. I think we can both agree that neither one of us would've ever thought we'd end up best friends. SO crazy.
~"Christmas" morning. I constantly invited myself to spend the night at your place, but this was the best, complete with gray hashbrowns for breakfast and Katie showin' her panties to everyone. There were stockings for each of us, which you thoughtfully provided a toothbrush, (apparently our breath reeked)and tons of presents. We all made a haul and then you unveiled your gift to everyone: Direct TV! I think you got, like, 2 channels. That was such an awesome Christmas.
~The time we drove up to Bogus Basin and played in the snow. I had to go pee so bad, so you guys encircled me, but no one was paying attention to the boys trying to sneak a peek. Didn't you get caught, too?
~It wasn't until you moved back to Idaho that we really became close again. We talked on the phone for 3 hours one day and divulged some pretty personal stuff. I knew right then that I could totally trust you.
And that if you betrayed me, I would have to kill you.
~You were at work and had me run to your house and get a pregnancy test so I could use it in the port-a-potty. Klassy, with a "K".
I think I cried. I think you laughed. Jerk.
There are so many more. And I hope to have so many more. You are the most sincere, honest, up-front girl I have ever had the privilege of knowing. You put up with me and accept me for who I am. You are amazing, and I totally love you.
(But not like that. ;))
Uh, yeah, fainting from low blood sugar, duh. You said you hadn't eaten all day. YOU get YOUR facts straight! ;)
I have such a terrible memory, but I do remember girls camp and night games at your house in meridian. It seems like an old man came out one night with a gun thinking we were some crazy teenagers. Nope, just Uncle Robin and us kids. Love you!
ashlee
Geri I remember the first time that I met you! I came over to Marinas house for the first time to meet some of tys family and you were there babysitting the kids! I remember leaving there so confused thinking "goodness are those all her kids??!" It took me a while untill i figured out whos kids were whos and who lived where lol!! :) I remember you being very sweet to me when we did meet, which was a relief because i was really nervous!
You asked for it so here is goes.....
-Our whole first season of Starlight (how's that for vague!)
-Your mic still being on while your backstage so we took advantage and had you talk about the "hot guy in the blue shirt sitting in the 3rd row." Then it turned out it was a guy from your ward who liked you. That was a good until we got chewed out by Ed. Then it wasn't quite as funny.
-Learning and practicing the "Hey Pinnocio" (because we couldn't remember the real name you taught us) in Grandma Davis' front yard.
-Croc hunting with my roommate, Angela, in the river.
-Gertie's annoying laugh. (And trying to teach you how to snort to no avail.)
-Becoming roommates at the Annette apartment.
-You coming home from your dates with Jacob and us sitting on my bed whole you tell me (and sherstine) all about them for hours.
-You coming home from meeting Jake at the airport and telling me i just HAD to meet his brand new RM brother.
-Our first double date (the 4 of us): Big Judd's (how romantic), bowling then playing frisbee in the church parking lot. (No, Joe frisbees don't actually bounce like soccer balls.)
-Going bowling on your birthday when we lived in Murray and the boys doing all sorts of bowling "stunts" (for lack of a better word).
-Camping in the Uintas- Freezing our guts out and sleeping on rocks the first night then finding the best camping place in the world the next night or 2. Building boats out of sticks and stuff adn racing them against the boys' boat down the little river.
-Laughing while you were SO drugged up in the hospital and slurring your speech before you had Denae.
-Stamping and making cards for hours and hours at your house on Watercress.
-Pedi's and 1st time (for me anyway) waxing, Victoria Secret, then a great Italian dinner and rounding it all out at Target in NC.
...AND MANY MORE MEMORIES IN THE FUTURE.
Geri,
You brought your husband and kids to live in Greensboro, NC as our neighbors. We celebrated your birthday at our house and then had an easter egg hunt in our backyard for the kids. You came to visit us at the hospital and brought pizza when Brett was having seizures. You had Adam and Faith over for Thanksgiving and Adam forgot to bring the salad. We were both in the same hotel at Busch Gardens at the same time and never even knew it. You helped us move twice and we are so glad that we got to live close to you for a while and got to know you better. We know that we can always count on you to tell us what is really going on. Guess who?
I love all the memories! Thank you everybody who participated!!!
hey sis... wow sara's (i'm assuming that's "smooshiepie", memories are FUNNY!! so... i have a lot of memories about you too, and i don't have a blog for you too get me back on, so i don't have to be nice! i remember driving you crazy at bedtime and getting you to the point where you were just about to tell on me and then saying "i'm sorry i'm sorry i'm sorry!" just until you'd roll back over and then i'd start in again.. ha ha i still laugh over that one! or there's the one where i'd wait till you were almost asleep, and then i'd flip on the light and say, "come on ger we gotta gt ready for school! we're gonna be late.." you's get soooo mad at me! that's hilarious! on the nights where you weren't being a brat we'd have leg wrs, but you always beat me,, i still think you'd beat me.. my legs are weak :) i remember going to see city of angels with you... oh my gosh.. NEVER AGAIN! people thought you were having a seizure!! you were doing the loud crying with sobs and snorts in between.. so i pretended like i wasn't there with you. i don't know what i was thinking since you cn't even get through a diaper commercial without squeezing a few tears out. i remember you pushing.. ya that's right.. PUSHING me off a set of stairs and making me break my arm. i remember you bossing me around and acting all superior.. heck i probably remember that one cause you still do it! ha ha! but as YOU remember.. i kinda deserved a lot of the treatment i got, even though i was funny, and you werejust mean. jk i also remember you rocking me one day when i was way too old to be rocked, but you felt bad for getting me in big trouble, so you held me while i cried. i remember you playing dolls with me even though you'd rather burn dolls on a wall heater then play with them! i remember you reading books to me in the garage one night when mom and dad were having it out inside the house. we were up till like 5 or 6 am with you just reading to me so i didn't have to listen and worry.. i remember you being there when hayden was born and helping me through some hard decisions regarding that time..i remember you being appreciative of my humor EVERY time i make a joke and thinking i'm just the funniest person ever.. oh wait that's me.. ha ha!
The main memory I have of you was at your wedding reception. I remember you and Jacob dancing together and I knew you guys were perfect for each other. I am still trying to get Troy to take dancing lessons, so someday we can dance the way you two can!!!
I'm horribly lazy, and this took me so long I don't know if you'll even read this.
I remember being fat and pregnantby the pool all last summer (you pregnant, me fat).
This is one with D, actually. I remember when she went through the Timmy Turner phase and teased Joe that he was going to marry Timmy Turner. Joe hated Timmy Turner for - well - he probably still does!
Post a Comment