I want to spend this month being grateful. I have so much to be grateful for. I know myself well enough to know that I will not be able to post every single day this month, but I will post 30 things I am grateful for before the end of the month. They will not be in any specific order just random thoughts by Geri.
Today I am grateful for good friends. Moving around a lot has given me one great blessing, special friends around the country. Some I keep in contact with more than others but I hope they know how much they mean to me.
I am grateful for silly memories. Someone who always makes me feel better about myself and lifts me up at my darkest moments and sometimes allows me to do the same for her. Allows me to cry it out sometimes but never too long. Is willing to try any stupid idea I have. She is valiant and courageous and so much mightier than her size 0 pants would have you believe. She is my BFF and eternal sister, and there is no doubt the Lord knew I would need her.
To the one who knows it all and loves me anyways, Wiener Women Forever!!!
I am grateful for relaxing afternoons, and cherished card making. Someone who makes me want to be a better person and grow up to be more like her. She is a pillar of light in a world of darkness. A million feelings can be expressed in a short text and a single smell can make me crave her cooking.
To the one who didn't want to make a friend she would have to say goodbye to but gave in and blessed my life forever.
I am grateful for a kindred spirit who reminds me what service is all about. There are few people in this world I am comfortable being myself around and this one welcomes it with open arms. I know I could call her today and she would be on my doorstep tomorrow if I needed her. She speaks her own language, walks her own walk, and oh, how I admire her for that.
To the one I would go drinking with if either of us did that sort of thing!
I am grateful for long conversations about life, kids and marriage. Someone who sees things much like I do but says it so much more profoundly. Someone who isn't ashamed of a little bit of a mess because it proves her kids are nearby. She inspires me to try new things, things I never really thought I could do but I know she could so why not. Someone who gives constant recognition to the blessings in her life and reminds me to do the same.
To the one I may be related to someday.
To the one who has no idea how very amazing she really is.
I have so many friends that are not listed here. Partially because I need to go start dinner and partially because these women are in my heart today. I may have to come back to this blessing later but for now please know how much you mean to me.
I love you. I always will.

3 comments:
How did you know I needed that today? I am so glad we are friends!
Aw. My big round head. I'm glad that you're grateful for me. Most people aren't! Ha! I love you, my best! You are such a blessing in my life, also. You make it me feel like it alright to be the giant weirdo that I am. Thank you! I love you!
P.S. Let me know when you go drinking. I want to come and watch!
Oh my gosh I just went back and read my comment...can you say "not enough sleep"? LOL!
Post a Comment