Sunday, November 7, 2010

I Am Grateful For Holidays

I love holidays!!!
They provide a break from the monotony of life.
I enjoy decorating for them, dressing to the occasion, and I especially love making it something the kids can get involved in.

A year of holidays:

* Christmas is my favorite! I love the excuse it gives me to think about the people I love and find ways of serving them. It is a season of thinking of Christ and spending extra time with your family. 

Last Christmas morning we spent in a hotel room in Idaho. It was very special!


* Easter comes at the perfect time. Just when you are starting to forget about the feelings you have during Christmas easter comes and reminds you that the Savior lives and empowers you with hope.

Every year at our house the Easter bunny hides his goodies in the house. It is always fun to wake up and see what mischief he has been up to.


* I love the 4th of July. It is always a reminder to me how blessed I am. To live in such great country, to be protected by people who sacrifice their lives for me, and to have the freedoms that I enjoy.

This year it was our first holiday celebrated in in Wisconsin. Sparklers are always a favorite.


* There are a lot of the little holidays that I have skipped over such as Valentines, Memorial Day, Thanksgiving and others that I love. Mostly for the sake of time but I'm also going with the pictures I have. The last set of pics I have are for Halloween. Halloween is not my favorite, I hate being scared and anything "dark". However, I do love the opportunity it gives my kids to dress-up and pretend to be something else for the night. They have so much fun!!! (and all the mini candy bars are a definite perk!)

This year Jacob and I did not dress-up but I had the greatest idea! I thought it would be so much fun to dress up with a box around me and cut a flap in the front so that it looked like I had a bun in the oven...hehehehe...then I was going to have Jacob dress up as a baker...hehehe...and the girls were each going to go as a cookie, cupcake, and tart! hahahahahaha!!! I know I'm corny but what are you gonna do!?!


Denae went as a ladybug. 
Naomi was determined to be a flying unicorn so her costume was created.
Aliya was obviously a bumble bee.
Each of them wanted to decorate their pumpkins to match their costumes this year.


Jacob carved his pumpkin with a Jigsaw, Drill, and a Sawzall.
It was truly manly.


 I cheated. My Mom sent me some flowers just cause so I turned my pumpkin into a vase and threw in some battery operated candles. I was pretty proud of it and the girls oooed and awwwed.


I am very excited this year for the next few holidays. 
I can't wait to make some more cherished memories!

0 comments: