Thursday, November 4, 2010

I Am Grateful For Temples

Today I am choosing to be grateful for temples. 
This is a big one for me!
I love going to the temple! 


I was sealed for time and all eternity in the Boise, Idaho Temple. 
I know that my family can be together forever.


The first 2 years Jacob and I were married we never missed a week. Being in Utah and completely broke it was the best way to spend a date night. Sometimes we would go twice a week. Now living around the country we are lucky to go once a month, or even every other month. I miss it so much! 


For me the temple provides an escape from chaos. It is a safe haven from temptation, sin, and worldy desires. It allows me to focus on the really important things. It is the one place I feel close enough to my Heavenly Father I almost expect him to walk around the corner.


 The temple provides a peace in my heart that is indescribable and I hunger for it.
So far the Washington DC temple is my favorite. Jacob and I love the Celestial room. It is truly breathtaking!
I am so grateful for temples and the blessings they provide.
Which is your favorite temple?

1 comments:

The Walkers said...

Thank you for sharing. It was beautiful. xoxo