Monday, November 22, 2010

I Am Grateful For My Siblings (part 1)

I have so many brothers and sisters I have decided to be grateful for them 3 times. I will introduce them to you in the order they were introduced to me.

I grew up the oldest of 4 kids. 

I am grateful for my sister, Marina. 


More than that, I am grateful for a friendship with my sister I have waited 30 years for.
She is one of the most talented women I have ever met. She has a gorgeous singing voice, an ability to make any child her best friend, and a gift to see someone through her Heavenly Father's eyes. She is FUN, quirky, and has a great sense of humor. I am grateful for her husband. They have only been married 10 years but it seems they have endured enough to qualify for 30 years. They are strong and they love each other. She has 5 of the most handsome boys I have ever seen. They are smart and funny and I wish I could be closer to them. I love my sister.

I am grateful for my brother, Robbie.


I have a lot of cherished memories with my brother Robbie. I remember watching him and a friend moan on my floor healing from wisdom teeth surgery for days. I remember writing him for 2 years counting the days before he would return from Finland. I remember sitting him down after my crappy dates and telling him what NOT to do, and he really listened. Robbie is the one person I know who I really believe could do absolutely anything he chose to do. He is amazing to me. He fell in love with his wife many years before they were married and I don't think he would have ever been happy with anyone else. I love his wife and genuinely enjoy her company. He has 2 beautiful little girls that were truly blessed to be sent to this loving family.

I am grateful for my brother, Tyson.


I have always looked up to my brother Tyson. He is my Tiger and I love him so much. I was old enough to remember when he was born. I remember waiting knowing Mommy and Daddy were at the hospital. So many times I was faced with a choice in my life and I would make the better choice because I didn't want to disappoint Tyson or have him think less of me. He has always been the angel on my shoulder reminding me who I am. Our friendship hasn't always come easy but it has never changed how proud I am of him. His wife was a part of our family before they were ever married, I loved her from the beginning and always hoped it would work out. He is one of the best Dad's I have ever seen. All you have to do is look at his 2 little boys and there is no doubt they are happy and know they are loved. Kids love him, at least I know my kids do, and I love him too!



I am so blessed and so grateful to be the big sister of this crew. So many times they have been my cheerleaders, my shoulders to cry on, and my partners in crime. 
I love you guys!

1 comments:

Henry Family said...

Okay - I cried.. thanks a lot! I love you so much!! Thanks for boosting my self confidence today. I kinda skipped right over the whole grateful thing this year (oops!) but I do want you to know how lucky I feel to have a big sister like you. I LOVE our friendship and wish you lived closer so we could continuously strengthen it. Can't wait to see you guys this summer. That last picture sure depicts the 4 us perfectly ,doesn't it! haha Always makes me laugh!