I was blessed with 2 very special grandmothers. My Dad's mother passed away not too long ago and I don't have a picture I can use right now but I do love her and appreciate all she did throughout my childhood.
***
Today I want to talk about my Mom's mother. I love her with all my heart. She instilled in me a deep appreciation for pictures, art, and homemade crafts. She gave me a lot of opportunities to discover my talents as a child. When I was little we spent a lot of time together doing so many things. It didn't matter to me if we were watching movies, cleaning the credit union, trying a new recipe, feeding the horses, learning how to sew, or rubbing tired hardworking feet....I cherished every minute and I know she did too.
I can remember my siblings and I would be there and we would be doing something and pretty soon someone would do something to make her laugh and before we knew it we were all laughing hysterically without knowing why.
I know what old TV shows "Well, golly Andy", "Good morning Ed", and "Good night John Boy" are from because of many nights watching reruns. I remember getting in trouble for goofing off at the dinner table and being terrified of walking through her house at night. I remember many meals out to buffets and being so proud of myself when I was old enough to check to make sure the oven was off before we left without Grandma checking again. I remember chocolate covered cherries and cans of ravioli. I remember long hugs and a crazy lady with a camera at all of my school events or any other special day. I remember feeding the ducks and riding the pedal boats by the zoo. I remember going to the fair, library bus, and Red Steer.
She is truly an amazing woman. An example of hard work, endurance, being stronger than the pain, full of generosity, artistic, and loving. She is not perfect and she knows it but she does her best. I hope to be more like her someday. She is one of my dearest friends!
I love you Grandma!
1 comments:
Ah Geri! What a sweetheart you are! I can't wait to show her this! The whole computer thing amazes her anyway - but she loves seeing her picture out here! Thank you for such kind words! I know they will make her day!
I love you!
mom
Post a Comment