Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I Am Grateful To Be A Mom

As with most of our blessings this one can sometimes be my greatest challenge but I am so grateful for it!
I have 3 beautiful little girls and a little one on the way. They are each so unique and develop very different parts of me as a mother and as a woman. 

I was never one of those little girls that played with dolls or barbies. I didn't enjoy playing house. I had a lot of babysitting jobs but I did it for the money. I kind of always knew I would be a mom someday but I never really dreamed about it. When we got married I didn't want to wait very long to have kids but mostly because I knew that is what we were suppose to do. Then I got pregnant with Denae and everything changed. I wanted to be a mom more than anything else. I wanted to hold my baby, see her face, and know she was mine. I would often rub my tummy and imagine what she might be like. I prayed for her, and for me. When she was born I gained a testimony of so many things, it was a very spiritual experience for me. All the sudden it made so much sense that we existed before this life and I couldn't imagine not being with her forever. Each child has only strengthened that testimony and bore a separate witness of a loving Heavenly Father who has a great plan. I am so grateful for that testimony!


Denae is a girl that I can depend on. She is my biggest helper. She loves learning new things. Her 2 new favorite things are piano and soccer. She loves her little sisters and wants to know everything  about the baby in Mommy's tummy. She loves animals even though she isn't allowed to have any of her own. She is very artistic and is always thinking of a new project. She loves to wrestle with Daddy and cook with Mommy. (Yes I know how short her skirt is but I just can't stop her from growing!)
She teaches me about making time for the really important things, always the one to remind us to pray, and makes me fell better about myself on the days when I really need it.


Naomi is a girl that loves to make you smile. She loves homeschool and is very good at it as long as it doesn't take too long. She loves the outdoors but prefers the warmer weather. She could live on the beach with her Daddy and be happy for the rest of her life. She does not have a problem speaking her mind or standing up for herself which I love about her. Her favorite thing these days is choosing a color of the day and covering her body in that color from head to toe. She will only color with that color crayon all day, she wants dishes that color to eat on and points out everything that color. I find it a fascinating expression of herself. She is and always will be my Love-Bug.
Naomi teaches me patience over and over again. She teaches me not to take life too seriously, that there is always time to love and cuddle, and shows me how different life looks through someone else's eyes.


Miss Aliya is a girl who believes she is a lot older than she really is. Don't bother telling her she is the youngest she will laugh at you. She decides what she wants and she usually gets it one way or the other. She has done some major growing up over the last couple months. She has become very independent which is bitter sweet. She is my moodiest and most dramatic child but somehow makes it okay with one look and a kiss on the cheek. She loves doing puzzels and is actually really very good at them. She loves being naked and even mooned a friend of mine. She loves her big sisters more than anything, they are her best friends. She loves falling asleep in Daddy's arms and helping Mommy with whatever I am doing, as long as it is her idea. She is girl all the way through!
Aliya teaches me to stop and smell the roses, reminds me how even simple prayers are heard by our Heavenly Father and how fun it is to color outside of the lines.






I am grateful for my little girls and I am so grateful that I get to be a mom!
I love you my little princesses!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Dear Dear Geri,
What a wonderful blessing you have in your little ones. My children have always been my greatest joy. Then, they go and grow up on you and move far far away.
So cherish this time with all you heart, it goes by way to quickly.
It is wonderful to get a peek at you and your family with your blog.
Thanks for sharing! Love Aunt Bonnie

Henry Family said...

These girls are MY blessings too!!! I love reading your take on them. It reminds me that they are sassy and funny and oh so loving! I can't wait till they are old enough to come spend time with their Aunt Nina ♥

Walker Family said...

AWW! What a sweet post Geri! and i love the pictures!! they are beautiful!!!