When I was 17 years old my Dad remarried. He met my step -mom Joni through some friends and she had 7 kids of her own. I have loved all of them from day 1. I never had an opportunity to live with her two oldest but that doesn't change how I feel about them.
I am grateful for Mandy. In some ways her and I are a lot alike. I always enjoy seeing her and her family and really appreciate the conversations we have been able to share. Both of us are the big sister and so I think we understand each other. It has been nice to have her to lean on from time to time and I hope she knows I am always there for her too.
I am grateful for my sister Andrea. She died when I was 21 and I think of her often. I don't have a picture I can use for this post but I do have a memory. Her and I worked together on a business project a short time before her passing. There was an evening after closing we sat and talked for several hours. We laughed so hard that night our stomach's hurt. I didn't know her very well but what I do know I will remember forever.
I am grateful for my brother Bucky. When we were younger I only saw him during the summers when he would come to visit. He was always so easy to carry on a conversation with and no conversation came without laughter. I see him even less now but every time I do it is as though no time has passed and we pick up the laughter where we left off at. He was recently married and I wasn't able to be there but I want him to know how proud I am of him. He has truly found his perfect match. Miss you Buck!
I am grateful for my brother Steffin. Steffin has grown leaps and bounds since I first met him. He is not a man of many words and that makes him harder to get to know. I do remember when he was little I could get him to giggle and it was such a contagious laugh. I would pin him the way only a big sister can and tickle him. I am sure it was more fun for me than for him but it was the only way I could get the right laugh. I wish him only the best in all he does.
I am grateful for my brother John. My first memory of John was the day I met Joni. My Dad and I drove to pick them up. When we got there my Dad drove back with Joni and I invited this 5 yr. old little boy to ride back with me. At first he wasn't sure and then about a minute down the road he began to open up. He then talked non-stop for almost 3 hours. When our parents were first married he became my buddy. He often would come over and sit on my lap or hold my hand and it always made me feel so good. He is not that little boy anymore, he is taller than me but I still love him.
I am grateful for my sister Brianna. Unfortunately I think I just spelled her name wrong but all of the sudden I can't remember how she spells it. I blame it on my pregnant brain. She was 2 when we became part of the same family. Her and her twin sister spent a lot of time in my room. They would sleep with me, eat with me, and help me get ready to go. I knew I always needed to get ready early because if I was putting make-up on or doing my hair I knew I had 3 heads to do and not just mine. These are very cherished memories.
I am grateful for my sister Brittney. One of my all-time favorite memories with my twin sisters was when they were 10 years old. Our parents took a trip to Europe for 3 weeks and they got to live with me. We had so much fun. We played dress-up, made cookies, and hung out when they weren't in school. I even got to throw them a birthday party. I think of this fun vacation so many times.
I am grateful for my brother Michael. He was born when I was 18 years old so we only lived in the same house for a couple of months. He is the most unique young man. He recently came to visit me and it was so much fun getting to know him all over again. He has a great sense of humor. He would often come up to me and give me a hug and whisper "I love you sis". He occasionally sends me a text just to see how I'm doing and it means so much to me. I love you too buddy!
I love you guys!



0 comments:
Post a Comment