I love music!
Growing up I wanted nothing more than to sing. There were times I even thought I could. I have tried over and over and over again to learn how, expecting that someday a miracle will happen and suddenly my mouth will open and a harmonious sound will come flittering out. One of the gifts of getting older is that reality eventually sinks in. I can carry a tune and I sound okay in a choir but I can't sing, at least not a solo. This is a public apology to any of you who have been subject to my efforts in the past.
However, I have started taking piano lessons and I love it. I am not the quickest learner but I am playing and the music from the piano is better than my voice! Denae is taking lessons too and we are both having a lot of fun learning an instrument.
There is something special about music. It can affect your mood in so many ways. It can instantly bring you back to a moment in your past, help you vent after a hard day, bring peace and comfort to your heart, make you want to get up and dance, or cuddle up to the one you love. It carries so many emotions and can share even more messages. It truly is a gift that we have been given.
I am grateful for the music in my life.
0 comments:
Post a Comment